The Equinox Gym Bag is the perfect size duffel for the gym, work, or even travel! A simple bag featuring end elastic and slip pocket options, with an optional center mesh panel to allow airflow through your bag. The roomy main compartment holds all of your essentials, with room for plenty of gear, shoes, and more. It is designed as a soft structure bag, made in canvas and lined in cotton or stretch woven, though you may customize your fabric choices for more structure if desired!
- Pockets on each end: Slip Pocket, Elastic Pocket
- Lengthwise zipper with one or two pulls
- Optional Center Mesh Panel (with instructions for layering mesh to reinforce it if using TSM or other printed stretch mesh)
- Webbing strap with adjustable slider and comfortable foam Shoulder Pad
- Interior seams are bound for a clean, professional finish
- Written instructions as well as detailed pictures
- YouTube/Video Tutorial Links
- Printable, Projector, and A0 Files
10” tall, 21” wide, 10” deep
- 1 yard of 44” WOF medium-weight woven Exterior fabric (canvas recommended)
- 2/3 yard of 44” WOF light-weight woven Lining fabric (cotton or stretch woven recommended)
- 1/2 yard utility/nonstretch Mesh (you can layer stretch mesh over the top of nonstretch mesh if you would like to use a designed mesh like The Styled Magnolia offers!)
- 7”x3” piece of Foam (a few layers of fusible fleece can be used instead if you prefer)
This is a soft structure bag, and medium-weight woven fabric such as canvas is recommended for this pattern, though you may use a lighter-weight woven such as cotton. If sewing on a domestic machine, you can use stretch woven as your lining (which does not need interfacing) to help reduce bulk in the seams.
- 2 1/3 yards of 20” WOF lightweight interfacing (SF101 recommended). Add an additional 1 yard if using lighter-weight woven fabric for the exterior that needs to be interfaced twice, such as cotton.
- 1 1/2” Hardware: (2) rectangle rings, (1) strap slider
- 20” of #5 Zipper Tape with 1 zipper pull (or 2 zipper pulls if you prefer this look)
- 1 Handmade Tag (optional)
- 1 1/2 yards of 1.5” of sturdy webbing
- 9” length of 1” fold over elastic
- 4 yards 1/2” wide double fold bias tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Chalk and/or marking pen
- Optional: Duct tape (if adding Handmade tag), Hump Jumper, Basting Spray (if layering a stretch mesh over a utility mesh for aesthetic design), Steam Iron
This bag is categorized as Intermediate but can be sewn by a beginner who is familiar with basic sewing terms. There is a full video sew along included with the pattern for visual learners and those who prefer a little more detail about sewing bags.
**Every part of this pattern can be done on a domestic machine. You do not need an industrial to sew this bag!!**
EQUINOX FABRIC DESIGN
Love the Equinox fabric used to make the Equinox Bag? By purchasing this pattern buyer will receive a one-time code to preorder this fabric on any base at a 10% discount. Equinox fabric can be found in our Pick-A-Print section.
Want to know more about this pattern? Interested in hack and what all the testers used to make their bags? Please check out all our related blog posts.
Tester Round Up: https://www.thestyledmagnolia.com/post/equinox-yoga-and-gym-bag-tester-round-up
** This is not a physical bag. Due to this being an instant download there will be no refunds for digital products.**
EQUINOX GYM BAG
This purchase is for a PDF pattern, not a finished product. There are NO REFUNDS for digital files sold.