The Cascade Crossbody is a small but organized crossbody with a detachable strap that can be easily converted into a clutch. With multiple pockets it’s easy to keep all of your essentials organized and separated.
- One exterior zippered pocket
- Two exterior slip pockets
- A zippered back section
- An interior slip pocket in the back section
- An interior zippered pocket in the back section
- Written instructions as well as detailed pictures
- YouTube/Video Tutorial Links
- Printable, Projector, and A0 files
7.5” tall, 11” wide, 2” deep
- 1/2 yard of Exterior Fabric. Vinyl, faux leather, cork and canvas are all good choices.
- 1/3 yard Lining Fabric (44” or 58” WOF)
- 1.5 yards of 20” WOF woven interfacing. SF101 is recommended. If using anything other than faux leather or cork, add an additional 0.75 yard. If using TSM vinyl, also add an additional 0.75 yard. 4” x 4” piece of Peltex or Decovil Heavy. (This will be used to reinforce the magnetic snaps and Chicago screws.)
- (2) 1/2” D rings (2) 1/2” swivel clasps
- (1) 1/2” slide buckle, If using vinyl or leather we suggest a wide mouth slider to accomodate the bulk
- (6) Medium (9mm cap x 8mm post) double cap rivets
- (2) Chicago screws (6mm or 8mm posts)
- (1) 14mm magnetic snap
- (1) 10" #5 zipper with pull
- (2) 8" #5 zippers with pulls
- (2) 1” strap ends for faux leather/vinyl strap (optional)
- (1) Handmade tag (optional)
- 1/4” double sided wash away tape
- Chalk or marking pen
- Rivet setting tool
- Permatex thread locker
- Duct tape
- Acrylic leather paint if using vinyl/faux leather
This bag is categorized as Intermediate, but can be sewn by a beginner who is familiar with basic sewing terms. There is a video sew a long included with the pattern for visual learners and those who prefer a little more detail about sewing bags.
**Every part of this pattern can be done on a domestic machine. You do not need an industrial to sew this bag!!**
CASCADE FABRIC DESIGN
Love the Cascade fabric used to make the Cascade Crossbody Bag? By purchasing this pattern buyer will receive a one time code to preorder this fabric on any base at a 10% discount. Cascade fabric can be found in our Pick-A-Print section.
Want to know more about this pattern? Interested in hack and what all the testers used to make their bags? Please check out all our related blog posts.
Tester Round Up: https://www.thestyledmagnolia.com/post/cascade-tester-round-up
** This is not a physical bag. Due to this being an instant download there will be no refunds for digital products.**
CASCADE CROSSBODY BAG
This purchase is for a PDF pattern, not a finished product. There are NO REFUNDS for digital files sold.